Meet the Commissioners
The Board of Commissioners have an important role in your Park & Recreation District:
- Initiate, direct and administer recreational activities
- Improve, operate and maintain parks, playgrounds, and other recreational facilities
- Enforce reasonable rules and regulations in the operations of the recreational facilities,
- Oversee budget and spending
PARK AND RECREATION BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS POSITIONS OPEN FOR ELECTION
Blaine-Birch Bay Park and Recreation District #2
Three positions will be eligible in 2021.
- Commissioner Position 1: includes Blaine School District minus Point Roberts (NOTE: This is a two-year term as it is replacing a Commissioner who resigend)
- Commissioner Position 2: includes Blaine School District minus Point Roberts
- Commissioner Position 4: includes Blaine School District minus Point Roberts
- These open positions are four-year terms expiring in 2025. The current Commissioners will hold office until December 2021 and are also eligible to run for re-election. Anyone interested in filing for the election must be a registered voter residing inside the boundaries of the Blaine School District, minus Point Roberts. District boundary maps are provided in this link.
Whatcom County Auditor's Office (360-778-5100) can also verify a voter's Commissioner District and will provide complete instructions on filing for the election. The filing period for these open positions is May of 2021. Prospective candidates may file online, by mail, or in person.