Meet the Commissioners
The Board of Commissioners have an important role in your Park & Recreation District:
- Initiate, direct and administer recreational activities
- Improve, operate and maintain parks, playgrounds, and other recreational facilities
- Enforce reasonable rules and regulations in the operations of the recreational facilities,
- Oversee budget and spending
PARK AND RECREATION BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS POSITIONS OPEN FOR ELECTION
Blaine-Birch Bay Park and Recreation District #2
Friday, April 5, 2019
The Blaine-Birch Bay Park and Recreation District #2 Board of Commissioners has the following three positions open for election on November 5, 2019.
- Commissioner Position 1: includes Blaine School District minus Point Roberts
- Commissioner Position 3: includes Blaine School District minus Point Roberts
- Commissioner Position 5: includes Blaine School District minus Point Roberts
These open positions are four-year terms expiring in 2023. The current Commissioners will hold office until December 2019 and are also eligible to run for re-election. Anyone interested in filing for the election must be a registered voter residing inside the boundaries of the Blaine School District, minus Point Roberts. District boundary maps are provided in this link.
Whatcom County Auditor's Office (360-778-5100) can also verify a voter's Commissioner District and will provide complete instructions on filing for the election. The filing period for these open positions is May 13-17. Prospective candidates may file online, by mail, or in person.