Coach Mark Programs and Services (2021)
Workout with Coach Mark
Are you ready to develop or improve the control, consistency, and confidence needed to move up in skill level? Do you need a regular drill partner that happens to be an IPTPA Certified Teaching Professional?
In these customized sessions, Coach Mark will lead you through the drills and drill games in The Coach Mark Video Series©. You’ll receive feedback and improvement tips as well as have an opportunity to drill and play against a 4.5 rated player.
Contact Coach Mark if you’re serious about drilling and improving your gameplay performance.
Skill Level Improvement Plans
Do you have a goal to reach a higher skill rating in 2021? Do you know what it will take to develop or improve the skills and gameplay performance needed to pass the applicable IPTPA Rating Test?
In this service and program, Coach Mark will assess your current level of skill and craft an action plan to help you get ready for the IPTPA Rating Test. This plan will include a schedule of lessons, drills, workouts, and practice sessions to help you get ready for and pass the skill demonstration and gameplay performance components of the IPTPA test.
Contact Coach Mark to schedule your initial “skills check.”
IPTPA Skill Level Rating Tests
Do you have an official skill rating? Would you like to receive an accurate rating that isn’t based on unreliable “ladder competitions” or confusing “algorithms” no one can explain or understand?
In December 2020, Coach Mark became a Certified Rating Specialist through IPTPA, the International Pickleball Teaching Professional Association. The IPTPA Rating System is a process used to determine the skill level of players around the world. It’s a system that’s objective, standardized, and straightforward.
Coach Mark utilizes the IPTPA Rating System as a performance-based measure of skill improvement. He incorporates the testing protocol into his for players aiming to get rated at the 2.5 – 4.5 levels. As with any performance-based test, you won’t be surprised by the expectations and standards needed to move up in level.
Contact Coach Mark for more information on how to get your official IPTPA Skill Level Rating.
Introduction to the Game of Pickleball
Are you ready to learn how to play the game of pickleball?
Coach Mark’s Introduction to the Game of Pickleball program for new players is a series of three, 2-hour lessons. At the end of this program, a small group of eight players will be able to:
- Describe the three most important rules of pickleball.
- Understand the techniques and mechanics needed to hit any shot in pickleball.
- Practice hitting dinks, drops, drives, volleys, serves (including the new drop serve), and returns of serve.
- Learn how to score and keep correct court positioning during doubles play.
- Keep a short rally going and get a quick start to the game of pickleball.
- Learn the 7 drills and 3 drill games in The Coach Mark Workout©.
Contact Coach Mark for more information on this program.
Are you seeking to improve your doubles gameplay performance? Do you and your partner need to get ready for an upcoming club or tournament competition?
If so, Coached Gameplay may be the right solution for improving your skills and performance. In this two-hour program, Coach Mark works with eight players to learn a more systematic approach to doubles play.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Understand how to play high quality pickleball in each zone of the court.
- Eliminate bad choices that lead to mistakes, confusion, and unforced errors.
- Improve results by breaking down common "gameplay situations.”
- Learn various strategies for improving team performance during doubles gameplay.
Contact Coach Mark to schedule your first coached gameplay session.